Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Peeling my eyes open

So, I've been a mother of a newborn before and I know what that tired is like when you've been up every night for 4, 5, 6 months and are beyond dead tired. I call it the new mommy tired. Well, I have it. After all we've had to do the last two days to get everything for the trip, I am thoroughly exhuasted. I can't function...which is partly from uncontrollable, insane excitement, and new mommy tired. I could sleep for hours if I had that luxury. I have been on the internet and phone non-stop. I talked to I.'s mom for an hour yesterday morning after we got the news in order to book our flights for NH. I did laundry. finished all of our packing, read luggage speculations, weighed the bags, loaded movies and audio books for amusement on the flight, etc. I let everyone know our news. I talked off and on all day with our adoption travel agent. Today, I set our house up to be left for three weeks, finished last minute packing, loaded the car, drove to Denver, and talked to our travel agent on the way. Again, I talked on and off with our travel agent, and I.'s mom. I discussed and scheduled meeting our sponsored child in Ethiopia with Compassion International (SO COOL!). And I finally booked our flights to Africa 45 minutes ago. We still have a lot to do but hope to have a day or two recuperation with nothing to do before we leave for ET. I will have to write about all of I.'s tasks while at work during one of the busiest times of the year...later. Must go take a short break to eat (if I can stuff something down; it's almost impossible to eat right now), and then get back to the grind. Forgive any typos please. *SNORING*

No comments:

Post a Comment