Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Big brother

We found out last week that I am officially a new brother. My baby brother will be coming home in the next month or two. I am very excited! I don't understand why I have to wait so long though, we've been talking about this for over a year. I am more than ready.

My Mommy and Daddy tell me that I have to do certain things correctly so that I can teach my brother to do them. I'm not sure that's completely fair. Sometimes I would prefer to regress. I may have a little trouble in the beginning accepting the fact that I have to share some attention. I'm used to being the only child, and until very recently, the only grandchild. What's up with that? But, thankfully, I learn quickly and will graciously give up my post after a short struggle.

My parents and I are taking advantage of this time to spend some good time together, just the three of us before life changes dramatically. Mommy took me swimming last week. I was a little nervous as I hadn't gone in a while but soon picked up where I had left off. We had a fun time. We also got to use the McDonald's Dollars I got for Easter from Mima and Papa for a special lunch. And Sunday, the three of us went to Cave of the Winds. It was my first cave visit and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Mommy and Daddy were impressed that I always knew if we had traversed a specific junction already. They didn't even know! It was a great adventure.

Mommy and Daddy are packing things up for their trip to Africa, and I am packing my things for New Hampshire. I will get to stay with my Mima. We have lots of fun planned and I am excited. I hope she spoils me rotten, won't that be a great homecoming gift for my parents?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Zaya,

    I am so excited about your coming to New Hampshire. Be sure to bring your shovel, gloves and hat that Uncle Nate gave to you because you will need them to help out with the yard work. We will make lemonade and drink it when we are thirsty. Working in the garden can make us real thirsty, so we will want to keep the lemonade close by.

    We will also go to the park and play on the park toys. We can visit the library and get lots of cool books and maybe a movie or two. We can also go swimming at the public pool. We will keep real busy so that it will seem like the time just flies by. Before you know it, your Mommy and Daddy will be home with your new baby brother, Asha! I can hardly wait. See you soon,

    Love, Mima

    ReplyDelete