Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

About Me

I just arrived from Ethiopia to my new home and family on June 12th, 2008. It has been a long awaited homecoming but now I am here and we can all hardly believe it. I am nine months old. I will turn one on September 23. My brother Z and I are enjoying getting to know one another, most of the time. He doesn't really like to share his toys with me and sometimes is a bit bossy. He is also still learning what he can and can't do with a baby. For instance, last week he was dragging me by my arm across the room supposedly he needed to move me because I was touching the fan. He sure knows a lot about the rules. I still don't really like him to touch me and am very jealous when Mommy touches him.

My parents say I am about as different from Z as can be. He is very timid about most things. I am so not. I will pretty much go anywhere, do anything by myself. I am a mover and a shaker while Z is much more content to at ease. Z didn't need an ounce of baby proofing and learned the word no really fast. I, however, am the reason for all those crazy safety inventions and locked cabinets. I know the word no really well too, it means go for it and only with a big huge grin on my face. Apparently my parents have always known their second child was bound to be a real spitfire.

I am adjusting very well. I attached to my mommy and daddy very quickly. I really hate it when one of them leaves the room, and really enjoy falling asleep with their arms around me. I am still very fragile though. I need lots of time to get used to this new world and all the new people in it. I like to be held by my parents when in the company of new faces.

I am really a good sleeper except for waking up a tad too early in the mornings. Once down I sleep straight through. Yay for me! I sit, crawl, and pull up on furniture. My parents are afraid I might be walking soon. They are not quite ready for that yet. I keep them busy enough as it is. I have already learned a few things since joining them. I learned to sign the word "more", pick up and eat finger foods, and drink for a cup. I love my bottle and food. This is pretty normal for children like me. It is a comfort to me and I need to know that there will always be food. I am eating very well and aside from a cough, am very healthy.

I look forward to meeting you all when I am ready and able. Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment